April 23, 2013
For many weeks now, Candy Crush Saga has been the No. 1 highest-grossing app in the App Store. If anything, it's proof that, well, candy sells. Game developer Levelloop and publisher BulkyPix apparently think so too, as they're about to launch CandyMeleon. CandyMeleon invites players to discover a new species of chameleon:
The CandyMeleon has an insatiable appetite for all sorts of candy, which explains why the little devil went and sabotaged the nearest candy factory. The explosion blasted thousands of pieces of candy into the sky. What could be better than a CandyMeleon's long stretchy tongue to catch all the candy before it hits the ground?As shown in the game's trailer below, unlike Candy Crush Saga, CandyMeleon is not a colorful candy-filled match-three game. Rather, it's a colorful candy-eating arcade game. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. CandyMeleon's sweet features include:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, CandyMeleon is already available in the Netherlands. But it's set to be released internationally in the App Store next week, May 2 to be exact. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- A simple and nervous gameplay with a high-replay value.
- 2 Game Modes: The Tournament Mode to compete with your friends, and the Time Attack Mode for a non-forgiving challenge!
- Multiple candy upgrades, skills and backgrounds. Turn into 9 species of Chameleon: The GoldMeleon, The PiranMeleon, or even the NinjaMeleon!
- Facebook integration with powerful social features: In-game friends’ scores & weekly tournaments.
- Game Center and iCloud support
Candy Crush Saga ®