May 15, 2013
It's time to focus the limelight on yet another movie-tracking app. And wouldn't you know it? The new app in question is named Limelight. If you'll recall, we have featured here on AppAdvice a couple of movie-tracking apps called Flickd Movies and TodoMovies. Limelight is basically similar to those apps in that it also lets you keep track of the movies you want to see and when they're released in theaters. But Limelight is markedly different from those apps in that it's enhanced with its very own social layer. In fact, Limelight lets you create a library of movies you want to see and have seen and share this with others. You can share your library or even just a movie via email, Facebook, Twitter, or text message. You can also check out other users' libraries and the Editor's Choice section, which is "a curated list of great movies." Limelight, whose movie catalog is powered by TheMovieDB, lets you:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later, Limelight is available now in the App Store for $0.99. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Organize your entire movie library
- Follow your friends libraries, so you can always find something good to watch tonight
- Rate movies you've already seen. Let your friends know if you liked it or not!
- Browse thousands of movies. Find new movies to watch, and rekindle memories of ones you have already seen. You can get lost for days!
- Watch beautiful trailers in our custom video player designed specifically for movie trailers. Did we mention that you can use AirPlay, too?