May 7, 2013
Way back in March 2009, The Huffington Post released its official iPhone app. Then, in June 2010, it separately launched its official iPad app. Now, in May 2013, it has updated the former to be universal while announcing that it's set to abandon the the latter, which, for all intents and purposes, is now redundant. "This version of the HuffPost iPad app will only be available for a few more months in the app store," notes the popular news site's iOS development team in its release notes. "We have a new universal app available with great new features like offline reading, bookmark synching and more international editions. Go download it now!" Indeed, the original HuffPost app, previously optimized for iPhone and iPod touch only, is now natively compatible with iPad as well. In addition, it has been updated with the following improvements:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.1 or later, the new version of The Huffington Post for iOS is available now in the App Store for free. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Automatically save your favorite sections for reading offline.
- Sync your bookmarked articles between of your iOS devices through iCloud.
- Adjust the color scheme of the screen for night mode reading.
- Share your favorite articles, photos, videos and more with Facebook, Twitter and G+.
- See more stories in compact mode on the section fronts.
- Experience the full user interface and content in Japanese!
The Huffington Post
Huffington Post for iPad