June 15, 2013
Yahoo has just updated its sports-centric iOS app, Yahoo! Sportacular, to version 4.0. Thing is, following its 4.0 update, the app is no longer called Yahoo! Sportacular. Instead, it's now simply known as Yahoo! Sports. Also, it's worth noting that, for some reason, chat is no longer supported in version 4.0 of the app. But not to worry, the new Yahoo! Sports app is nonetheless enhanced with new features and improvements, foremost of which is universal support. Released way back in 2008 as an app optimized for iPhone and iPod touch only, the app is now, finally, optimized for and natively compatible with iPad as well. In addition to universal support, the following enhancements are included in the new Yahoo! Sports app:
Now compatible with iPad as well as iPhone and iPod touch, Yahoo! Sports (formerly Yahoo! Sportacular) is available now in the App Store for free. For more apps for the sports fan in you, check out our sports-centric AppList. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Login to Yahoo! Sports to sync your favorite teams across mobile apps and the web.
- Refreshed design - A clean new look for a new era makes scanning and navigation a breeze.
- "Live Games" - Follow every in-progress game across all supported leagues from the “Live” tab on Trending scores.
- Game tweets - Follow the action with live game tweets from local beat writers and team experts.
- Pitch by pitch - Our baseball game experience is even better with pitch-by-pitch information for every at-bat.