June 7, 2013
Ahoy, mateys! Ron Gilbert, the game designer extraordinaire best known for creating Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island, is back on iOS with a pirate-themed musical match-three RPG. That's right: a pirate-themed musical match-three RPG. Bet you haven't encountered that phrase before. The unusually classified game in question is called Scurvy Scallywags. Full mouthful of a title: Scurvy Scallywags in The Voyage to Discover the Ultimate Sea Shanty. Indeed, Scurvy Scallywags carries you off into a pirate adventure in an attempt to reassemble a legendary sea shanty. Along the way, you have to move pirates around on a series of boards by matching three or more tiles. You also have to take part in side quests to advance the game's musical part and upgrade your stats in line with its RPG elements. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Scurvy Scallywags boasts the following key features:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, Scurvy Scallywags is available now in the App Store for $0.99. Scurvy Scallywags is developed by Gilbert in collaboration with Clayton Kauzlaric, whom he had previously worked with on The Big Big Castle! for iPad. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Universal App & iCloud for pirates on the go! Pick up exactly where you left off on any device.
- Choose from 100 hats, shirts, swords, heads, and more to customize your pirate.
- Use special skills to dodge enemies, collect extra loot, or win epic boss battles.
- Build countless (okay, nine) different ships that improve your pirate’s buffs and stats.
- Complete side quests and 50 Game Center achievements -- you’ll be plundering for days.
- Great replay value! Randomly generated islands keep the game going after completing the Ultimate Sea Shanty.
- Share your exploits and pictures of your pirate with built-in Facebook and Twitter.
Beep Games, Inc.
The Big Big Castle!
Beep Games, Inc.