July 15, 2013
Foxit Reader for iOS has just been updated to version 3.0. The new version of the official iOS app of the popular Adobe Reader alternative offers a number of new features, improvements, and fixes. Foxit Reader 3.0 includes a new pencil erase tool, night mode, and locking of orientation and drag direction. It also adds support for viewing document permissions, showing all file types in the app's file management section, and remembering the outline and bookmark tab position. As well, it adds the ability to manually save or discard changes to documents. The latest version of the app also brings the following notable improvements, along with a bevy of performance fixes:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 4.3 or later, Foxit Reader 3.0 is available now in the App Store for free. The app used to be a paid app that went for as much as $3.99, but it has been free to download since December last year. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Better undo function for pencil, now undo is more natural and stable.
- Better annotation edit for iPad. The top bar will not cover document any more.
- Better real full screen support for iPad.
- Better scroll in continuous mode, disallow scroll to top feature.
- Better reflow mode for iPhone, add margin for better reading.
- Better performance for editing annotation, also fixed some flash issue.