by Joe White
September 24, 2013
Pandemic: The Board Game is set to launch as an iPad-optimized app on Oct. 3, 2013, according to developer Z-Man Games. The news was announced in a post published at Z-Man Games' website. As a reminder, the board game first launched in 2008, and charges players with the task of finding cures for four different diseases which have appeared across the globe. In total, four players can participate, and available roles include medic, scientist, researcher, operations expert, and dispatcher. Now, however, Pandemic: The Board Game is set to be refreshed in an all-new iPad app. Features of the updated game are said to include:
As mentioned, the app is set to launch in the App Store on Oct. 3. We'll let you know once Pandemic: The Board Game is available to download. In the meantime, see: Real Players, Real Teams, Real Leagues: FIFA 14 By EA Sports Now Available On iOS, Wattpad E-Reading App Updated For iOS 7 With Flat UI And Sidebar Navigation, and Trailer For Star Wars Pinball's New "Return Of The Jedi" Table Surfaces Online.
- 7 unique roles with different abilities to chose from, allowing for great replayability.
- The game can be played solo or as a pass-and-play for 2-4 players.
- Different difficulty levels for beginners, intermediate players, and experts.
- Animated interface gives clear indication of the game's progress and hotspots.
- A interactive tutorial that allows players to learn how to play in a simple and easy way.
- Complete rules for the game are also included.