You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| September 28, 2013
Watch Cooking Channel Right On Your iDevice With This New App
Three months ago, the Watch Food Network app for iOS was released, offering full episodes and other content from the popular television channel. Now, it's Cooking Channel's turn to be made available on the go on iOS with the new Watch Cooking Channel app. In case you're not familiar with it, Cooking Channel is a sister channel of Food Network. In fact, it's considered a spinoff of Food Network. But instead of airing reality TV and contest programming, which Food Network does, Cooking Channel mainly shows instructional programs about food and cooking. [caption id="attachment_468834" align="aligncenter" width="320"] Watch Cooking Channel[/caption] Be that as it may, Watch Cooking Channel is pretty much a reskinned version of Watch Food Network. As such, it lets you do the same things as its predecessor does:
Watch Cooking Channel also features AirPlay support and closed captioning. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, Watch Cooking Channel is available now in the App Store for free. Note that in order to access all content in Watch Cooking Channel, you must log in with your television service provider credentials from AT&T U-verse, Bright House Networks, Comcast XFINITY, DIRECTV, or Time Warner Cable. Note also that the app does not contain recipes. If you'd rather see those, you're better off checking out Cooking Channel's official website. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- WATCH THE LATEST FULL EPISODES for free by logging in with the username and password provided by your television service provider. Some full episodes can be streamed without logging in.
- WATCH A VARIETY OF CLIPS from your favorite shows and chefs for free … no login required.
- CREATE A CUSTOMIZED WATCHLIST of your favorite shows and chefs. Simply subscribe to any show or chef, and your Watchlist is updated automatically whenever new content becomes available.
- CONTINUE WATCHING videos from where you previously stopped.
- SYNC VIDEO VIEWING ACROSS MULTIPLE DEVICES via iCloud, so you can pick up right where you left off as you move from iPad to iPhone and back again.
- Access the up-to-date, FULL TV SCHEDULE.
- EMAIL VIDEO TO FRIENDS without leaving the app.