October 26, 2013
Just over a month after the release of Screens 3.0, Screens 3.1 is already here with a new set of further enhancements for Edovia's popular screen sharing and VNC client for iOS. Released as a brand new app (rather than as an update to the original Screens app that debuted back in 2010), Screens 3.0 introduced a new iOS 7-based interface, quick connectivity, a customizable toolbar, scrollable shortcuts, multiple display selection, and Pasteboard support. Now, Screens 3.1 has been released with a number of enhancements, including hot corners support for Mac. To enable hot corners on your Mac, go to System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Screen Saver > Hot Corners. Then, to trigger a hot corner with Screens, just swipe from a corner, starting from the edge of the device display. The latest update to Screens also adds support for On Disconnect actions, enabling you to execute a special command before it disconnects. Screens 3.1 also lets you search through your saved screens. In addition, it lets you use a custom image instead of a screenshot for your saved screens. Screens 3.1 also includes 64-bit support and improved AirPlay mirroring as well as the following improvements and fixes:
Screens 3.1 is available now as a free update or as a new $19.99 download. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later. s Screens is listed as an "essential app" in AppAdvice's Remote Desktop Apps AppGuide. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Full hardware keyboard support (except for Function keys).
- Improved pasteboard transfers. Now cancelable.
- Improved memory management.
- Improved screen edge gestures.
- Fixed background timeout for the app (max 3 minutes, set by iOS).
- Fixed connections to Windows and Linux PCs when the authentication was set to None.
- Fixed Screens Connect sign out issue.
- Fixed SSH key issue where keys couldn't be imported from the pasteboard.
- Many bug fixes, optimizations and improvements.
Screens - Control Your Computer Remotely