October 27, 2013
AppAdvice has once again teamed up with Banzai Labs in order to offer you a chance to win a copy of Brain Wave ($2.99) for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Over the past four and a half years, many have enjoyed Brain Wave's benefits and Banzai Labs's constant efforts to improve the experience, which continues. Last month, shortly after the iOS 7 launch, Brain Wave v6.0 landed in the App Store. The notable update provided a flattened user interface to harmonize with Apple's mobile OS revamp as well as external audio support. The highly requested feature allows playing music, podcasts, or other audio alongside or as a replacement to the built-in ambient sound loops for both the binaural background source and session over alarm. Playlist management and separate volume control using the device's hardware buttons or external app add a bonus level of convenience and preference customization. Moving forward, what is brainwave entrainment? It's the process of using audible or visual stimuli to change a person's brainwaves, which are related to certain actions and capabilities, through the means of synchronization.
- Delta waves are less than or equal to four hertz, and associated with deep sleep.
- Theta waves are between four and seven hertz, and associated with drowsiness.
- Alpha waves are between eight and 13 hertz, and associated with relaxation.
- Beta waves are between 13 and 30 hertz, and associated with high alertness and focus.
- Gamma waves are between 30 and 70 hertz, and associated with problem solving.
- Critical Thinking
- Memory Boost
- Problem Solving
- Confidence Boost
- Lucid Dreaming
- Headache Relief