You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| November 20, 2013
Apple Releases Apple Store For iPad In Time For Your Mobile Holiday Shopping
In a rather surprising move, Apple has just released Apple Store for iPad. As its name suggests, Apple Store for iPad is the iPad version of the original Apple Store app, which is designed for iPhone and iPod touch only. Apple Store for iPad offers the same basic function as Apple Store for iPhone and iPod touch. That is, it also lets you research, personalize, and buy products from Apple. But it does so while taking advantage of the larger screen of the iPad (or the iPad mini, for that matter), with emphasis given to its high-resolution image galleries. [caption id="attachment_488021" align="aligncenter" width="480"] Apple Store for iPad[/caption] Apple Store for iPad lets you:
Compatible with iPad and iPad mini running iOS 7.0 or later, and featuring a totally iOS 7-ready interface, Apple Store for iPad is available now in the App Store for free. Note that it's a separate app and not a universal update to the original Apple Store app. Will you be doing your mobile Apple-centric holiday shopping on the new Apple Store for iPad? [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- See the latest trending products that others are buying, sharing, and reviewing.
- Use pinch gestures to zoom, browse and compare.
- Personalize an iPad or an iPod with free engraving, and get signature gift wrap.
- Buy products on the go and pick them up at your favorite Apple Retail Store, or have them shipped to your door.
- Find an Apple Retail Store near you and view hours , get directions, check product availability, make Genius Bar reservations, or sign up for workshops and events.
- Explore Apple Retail Stores around the world and mark stores as favorites.