November 28, 2013
Autodesk FormIt — the app that lets you conceptualize, analyze, and share early building design concepts, anywhere ideas strike — has just been updated to version 6.0. Arriving a year after the app's launch in the App Store, Autodesk FormIt 6.0 includes a number of new features, including a new Building Program. The Building Program offers key design information, which is then used to provide a range of potential annual energy cost based on climate zone, building type, and target building area. Autodesk FormIt 6.0 also introduces a new interface design based on the look and feel of iOS 7, which was released back in September. The new version of Autodesk FormIt also adds support for the following functions:
Compatible with iPad running iOS 7.0 or later, Autodesk FormIt 6.0 is available now in the App Store for free. Autodesk FormIt 5.0 was released last September and featured several notable enhancements. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Swipe to the left of the right screen edge to access object properties and the materials library.
- Draw more curvilinear forms with the spline tool.
- Rotate the grid by tapping and holding on the grid.
- Swipe on a thumbnail in the gallery to delete, duplicate or access sketch properties.
- Share images of your work on Facebook and Twitter.
- Print images of your work directly to AirPrint enabled printers.
- Share FormIt sketches with others using AirDrop enabled iPads.