November 21, 2013
Begin, the aptly named to-do app that encourages you to actually begin doing the things you need or want to do today or tomorrow, has just been updated with a number of enhancements. Most of these enhancements are bundled in the app's new Extension upgrade, but we'll get to those later. First, let's run through those that come free. Well, there's the added ability to edit to-dos by simply double-tapping. The time during which uncompleted tasks remain in the app have been increased from two to five days. There's now also an indicator to call out your attention about your uncompleted tasks. And now, for the said Extension upgrade. Available via a $0.99 in-app purchase, Begin's Extension includes the following premium features:
Note that Begin offers another in-app purchase in the form of the Themes pack, which also costs $0.99. Now, if you have purchased the Themes pack, you'll be glad to know that you're automatically upgraded to the Extension for free. Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later, Begin is available in the App Store for free. Begin, by the way, is co-developed by Horizon Calendar creator Kyle Rosenbluth, Ben Brooks of The Brooks Review fame, and The Iconfactory's David Lanham. For more information on Begin, check out our original review of the app here on AppAdvice. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Optional Full Screen mode, no more status bar.
- Typefaces, some amazing options including the crowd pleasing Avenir Next.
- Last Chance Reminder for those of us that need the snooze button — you can now set two daily reminders.
- The ability to badge the app icon with the remaining task count.
- The option to disable reminders on the weekends — we all need a break.
Begin - Your daily to-do list
Applause Code, LLC
Applause Code, LLC