November 28, 2013
Concepts is already an impressive smart sketching app as it is. But with its new 2.1 update, it has become vastly more impressive. Concepts 2.1 introduces Strokes, the layer system that, according to developer TopHatch, "tampers with time." Available via in-app purchase in the Pro Shop, Concepts' Strokes feature lets you easily apply strokes and move, rotate, hide, reorder, copy, delete, or edit them at any time. "Not only can you edit every stroke," TopHatch notes, "you can edit multiple strokes at once." And this is possible through the use of Concepts' Stroke Groups feature, which lets you edit and manipulate groups of strokes as though they were layers. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Concepts 2.1 also comes with the following improvements:
Compatible with iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, Concepts 2.1 is available now in the App Store for free. Concepts 2.0 was released in mid-September and featured iOS 7-inspired design tweaks, Snap-To Layout, Stacks, and other enhancements.
- After your initial load of each drawing, drawing load time is cut by 50%!
- Precision Mode can now be enabled/disabled with a simple two-finger tap.
- We added a tiny delay to the handles of the Shape Guides, so you hopefully don’t move them by accident. If you do still manage to move them, undo now supports shape and guide changes.
- We added a tiny instruction video to better explain Precision Mode. You know, for us visual thinkers.
- Fixed every known crash condition.