December 12, 2013
Random House has announced the release of Stephen Hawking’s Snapshots of the Universe. Available for $4.99, the iPad app teaches both adults and students the principals that control our universe through eight simple and fun experiments. With this new app, users will learn why:
According to Scott Shannon, senior vice president and publish of Digital Content at Random House:
- Planets stay in orbit around stars
- Black holes may not actually be black
- Time is not the same for everyone
- Objects fall at different speeds
- Stars are not always where we perceive them to be
- Motion and location depend on an outside observer
- Gravity and acceleration have more in common than you think
- Our understanding of the universe has evolved over time.
This app provides a great opportunity to introduce Professor Hawking's teachings to a whole new audience, through an entirely new medium. We are very proud to continue our publishing tradition with Professor Hawking, now across more platforms than ever.Hawking is considered by many to be the world’s most famous living scientist. He was the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge for 30 years. He is the author of several books, including “A Brief History of Time,” “The Universe in a Nutshell,” and the essay collection “Black Holes and Baby Universes.” Stephen Hawking’s Snapshots of the Universe For iPad is available by following this link. See also: Spinlight Studio Is Offering Free Kids' Education Games During Holiday Promotion, AppoLearning's New Feature Lets Users Showcase The Best Educational Apps, and In Addition To Search, Khan Academy Now Enhanced With Offline Viewing For iPhone. [gallery columns="4"]
Stephen Hawking's Snapshots of the Universe
Random House Digital, Inc.