by Dom Esposito
December 13, 2013
Since its initial funding on Kickstarter, Pebble has became very popular with iOS and Android users. The good news is, the company behind this simple smart watch is still hard at work updating it with new features. As of Dec. 12, 2013, PebbleOS has been updated to version 1.14 and brings alarm improvements and a new Do Not Disturb feature. The update was announced on Pebble's official blog and lists several new features and bug fixes. Here are the release notes from the blog post:
What’s NewCurrently, Pebble is the most developed smart watch on the market. Sure, it has an extremely simple design and user interface, but that's not always a bad thing. If you'd like to update your Pebble's firmware, you'll need to launch the Pebble app for iOS or Android to get started. For more coverage on Pebble, check out these articles: My First Month With The Pebble Smart Watch, Pebble Cards Brings Customizable Screens To The Popular Smart Watch, Pebble Announces Full iOS 7 Notification Support
- Do Not Disturb. Block notifications for a set period of time (from Pebble: Settings » Notifications » Do Not Disturb).
- Alarms app update. Create multiple Alarms, toggle Alarms on/off, and edit existing Alarms.
- New “Snooze Alarm.” Customizable via the Pebble Alarms app.
- Improved Notification Control. Specify what notifications are displayed (Notifications On, Phone Calls Only, or Notifications Off). Notification settings are now accessible more quickly through a dedicated menu (Settings » Notifications).
- Improved iOS performance. Notifications are now sent more quickly from your iOS device to Pebble. After exiting Airplane Mode, Pebble will now search for connectable iOS devices immediately, instead of waiting one minute.
- Fixed an issue where Pebble may enter “Recovery Mode” immediately after updating to 1.13 firmware.
- Fixed an issue affecting some iOS Pebblers experiencing dropped Bluetooth connections, a few seconds after connecting.
- Fixed an issue where Caller ID data would not display on Pebble after receiving a missed call.
- Fixed Bluetooth data transfer reliability issues, particularly during a firmware update.
- Fixed an issue where Pebble would sometimes keep vibrating after dismissing or answering a phone call.