December 8, 2013
Lumberwhack: Defend the Wild, the Scribblenauts Remix-esque side-scrolling tower defense game developed by Koloss Interactive, has just received its first major update, four months after its release on iOS. Perhaps the most notable change brought about by the new update is the switch from acorns to leaves. In lieu of acorns, leaves are now awarded after completing a level. As pointed out by Koloss, leaves act in the same way as acorns, but they are only collectible and they are more valuable in that they don't drop on the ground. If you're an existing player of Lumberwhack, you're eligible to get a free bonus bunch of acorns depending on your earlier progress. You can use your stash of acorns in the market. There you can reset your upgrades and unlock unique features for your animal friends, including a pair of boxing gloves for the Smashback Gorilla and a life-saving lumber cap for Koko. Lumberwhack has also been updated with new items for your inventory bag, including the Fatal Fungi lumberjack bane and the L.W. Burger food amount doubler. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The new version of Lumberwhack also includes the following improvements:
The new version of Lumberwhack: Defend the Wild is available now in the App Store. With its new update, Lumberwhack appears to have gone freemium. Previously priced at $0.99, the game now goes for free, but it now offers in-app purchase for additional acorns. For more notable tower defense games on iOS, check out AppAdvice's Tower Defense Games AppGuide. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Gain two daily bonus effects by sharing Lumberwhack with your friends.
- Level balancing (several levels are now easier to complete).
- Both animals and lumberjacks now select their targets better, resulting in longer lasting skirmishes and more fun battles.
- Max level increased to 11.
- The Stag and Rock n’ Roar Lion now act more cautious and should survive longer.
- Removed one animal slot to make room for the new inventory bag.
- Various bug fixes.
Lumberwhack: Defend the Wild
Koloss Interactive Ltd