January 9, 2014
Welcome to the island of misfit toys. Or in the case of this newly released iOS game, welcome to the mobile of mixed-up toys. The new game in question is called Lost Toys. And it's a 3-D puzzle game that has you fixing the titular playthings, left hanging lifelessly from the ceiling:
Lost Toys is a mentally engaging 3D puzzle game of profound beauty, depth and challenge. Toys are lost, broken, or forgotten. Fixing them promises to right this hauntingly gorgeous chamber and restore the childhood innocence that has been lost.Lost Toys features 32 levels across four chapters. In these levels, you have to twist and turn the various parts of the jumbled toys in order to rebuild them into their original shapes. It's like playing Rubik's Cube, but with gothic visualizations of wooden toys coupled with somewhat sorrowful bits of background music (composed by Peter Rudenko). If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Here are the basic mechanics of Lost Toys:
Lost Toys is available now in the App Store for $3.99. The game is optimized for iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, fifth-generation iPod touch, iPad 2, third-generation iPad, fourth-generation iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad mini with Retina display. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Spin the petrified wooden toy in full 3D to study it from every angle.
- Rotate the scrambled pieces in the proper order to unravel the childhood toy.
- Only a few moves are ever necessary. Undo by tapping the filled circles.
- There are no timers, points, or scores. You won't miss them.
- Tap the (?) if you grow weary of the challenge.
- Replay levels as many times as you like. They’re reshuffled each time.
Barking Mouse Studio, Inc.