January 17, 2014
News Republic has just been updated to version 4.0 with several significant enhancements. News Republic is something of a more news-focused Flipboard as it presents a tile-based interface for its comprehensive news coverage. According to developer Mobiles Republic, News Republic is:
Released over three years ago, News Republic has just received its 4.0 update, which introduces new features for the universal app's iPhone edition. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. First off, there's the app's new design, including a new icon and a new layout, and allowing for more space for browsing and reading. News Republic 4.0 also adds a new "One Feed" view. Accessible with a rightward swipe from the home screen, One Feed shows all of your favorite topics and the latest important articles in one place. Finally, the new version of News Republic lets you create your own personal news profile, from which the app can learn about your reading history and recommend articles that are suited to your preferences. These new features are said to arrive for iPad soon. News Republic 4.0 is available now in the App Store for free. It's compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later. News Republic is included in AppAdvice's iPhone News Apps and iPad News Apps AppGuides. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Visual: Get of all latest news from your favorite topics in a highly visual format.
- Smart: News Republic learns what you like and personalizes your news experience automatically.
- Complete: Enjoy complete articles with photos and videos from trusted sources – no RSS feeds!
- Personal: Choose only the topics that are of interest to you, and personalize your home screen.
- In-depth: Explore related topics via Tag Nav™, our innovative news navigation system.