February 7, 2014
Remember Eliss, the award-winning 2009 puzzle game developed by Steph Thirion? Well, four years after its release, it's back in the form of a remake called Eliss Infinity. Eliss Infinity features the original multitouch puzzle game plus a galaxy of new stuff to enjoy. There's the Oddyssey mode, which offers the original Eliss game with its 25 levels, but this time polished and enhanced with an unlockable music arpeggiator and an interactive tutorial. The core gameplay of Eliss, by the way, has you taking control of a reactive universe where you can fuse planets to turn them into giant orbs or split them into dwarf planets. And in Eliss Infinity, you can do that in an endless and score-based mode called Infinity. In Infinity mode, you can create bigger combos to get larger power-ups and higher scores. "This is the most fun and replayable Eliss has ever been," Thirion notes. Eliss Infinity also includes a new stress-free Spacebox mode, where anything goes as you generate planets and play with them without ever losing. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Eliss Infinity also boasts the following key features:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later, Eliss Infinity is available now in the App Store for $2.99. The original Eliss, which is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 2.2 or later, remains available in the App Store for the same price. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- A new slick look, and new features like warnings of future collisions, for a more pleasurable experience. And for the nostalgic, the option to revert to the original look.
- More music: two epic songs for Infinity, along with the four superb songs from Odyssey.
- Universal support. For the first time, Eliss works natively on all iOS devices and screens. This game has never felt this great.
- Sync. Your progress can be saved on your Game Center account, so you can continue playing from any device, and multiple users can make their own progress on the same device.
- Leaderboards and challenges. Accept a challenge from a friend and track it from within the game.
- All of this wrapped within an original, brand new big pixel interface, beautifully designed from scratch. This game feels as splendid as your iOS device.