February 14, 2014
Can't get enough of endless runners? Then you'll be delighted to know that Apple has just chosen one such game as its free App of the Week in the App Store: Max Axe. Like many other games in its category, Max Axe is a behind-the-back endless runner. But unlike many others, Max Axe doesn't task you with simply swiping left, right, up, and down to progress. Rather, it asks you to draw the paths for Max's axe to follow. But who is Max anyway? And what is the deal with his axe? You see, Max is a barbarian berserker passing through Loot Forest to score some treasure. But the forest is home to terrible monsters as well, and that's where Max's trusty weapon of choice comes in. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Max Axe boasts the following features:
As mentioned, Max Axe is currently free to download in the App Store as Apple's free App of the Week. You can grab it for free (in-app purchases still sold separately) until Wednesday next week, at which time it's expected to revert to its regular price of $1.99. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- ‘Draw with your finger' axe control!
- Fast paced action!
- Totally destructible environment!
- Mega combos - hit as many items as possible in a single throw & earn powerful drops!
- Beat your friends' scores & see them appear as in-game ghosts....then axe them!
- Tons of gear to unlock!
- Cartoony visuals!
- Hilarious SFX & Original chiptune score!
- Play as the AWESOME BARBARIAN BERSERKER MAX!
CHANGYOU.COM (US) LLC