February 14, 2014
Nextt has just received its first major update on iOS. Released on iOS in September last year, Nextt is a private social networking app that lets you connect with your friends online so that you can actually do more together offline. It does so by enabling you to share ideas with friends and sort out the details in private, away from the noise of group chats and email threads. As mentioned, Nextt has just been issued its first major update, which, of course, delivers a number of significant enhancements. These include a new self-destruct feature for ideas. Now, you can set a self-destruct date, from one day to six months from the present date, for your ideas to keep them from gathering virtual dust. You can see which ideas are nearing self-destruction in Nextt's redesigned To Do section. To keep an idea active, just set its date and location. But if you're no longer interested in an idea, simply leave it to remove it from your account and stop receiving notifications about it. Speaking of notifications, the latest update to Nextt also adds support for inclusive notifications for non-account holders. If such notifications end up being too noisy for you, you can mute comments by setting notifications to "only important" on an idea. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The new version of Nextt also includes the following improvements:
The new version of Nextt is available now in the App Store for free. The app is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Capture ideas quickly by simply tapping the plus sign and entering the title of your idea! Ideas default to a 1-week self-destruct timer.
- Streamlined private messaging makes it easier to communicate with friends. Spark up a conversation amongst friends just like group chat, then finalize the details with our unique planning tools.
- The People section now shows all phone contacts, making it easier to build Group and invite friends to ideas and plans. Friends still don’t need accounts to join in!
- Edit a contact’s name, email, and phone straight from his or her profile by tapping EDIT in the top right corner.
- Update your account and adjust your notification settings straight from your profile by tapping EDIT in the top right corner.