Nemo Games has just released Ava's Quest in the Mac App Store. At the same time, it has come out with a separate yet identical edition for iOS devices, especially ones with Retina display. It's called Ava's Quest HD.
In Ava's Quest HD (as well as in Ava's Quest, for that matter), you play as the title character, of course. As a little girl, you liked playing with your dolls. But as you grew up, you learned to make new friends and leave your childhood playthings behind. Now, as you're out having fun with your friends, one of your old dolls, being the wicked witch that she is, appears in your midst and captures your companions. And so begins your quest to rescue them.
Ava's Quest HD is a 2-D platformer that's rather old-school. While it may not sport retro-style pixelated graphics, it does feature gameplay elements that are reminiscent of some of the best and most popular of the platforming genre.
In the game, you run and jump as you collect coins, diamonds, hearts, and even invincibility stars. Of course, you have to watch out for enemies and obstacles along the way as well.If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here.
Ava's Quest HD has the following key features:
- 3 unique environments with 30 multi-path levels
- Awesome Boss Fights
- 5 optional missions for each level
- Secret objects to find
- Beautiful graphics supported by Retina Display
- An Epic Story Adventure
- Universal: Works on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Stereo sound effects
- Customizable and Responsive controls
- More than 20 different enemies and obstacles
- 10 Incredible soundtracks
- Dynamic, in-game tutorials
- iCade physical pads support
- -Localized for 15 languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Czech, Finnish, Hungarian, Slovak and Persian!
The free download includes the first four levels only. To play all of the other levels, you may upgrade to the game's full version via a $1.99 in-app purchase.[gallery link="file" order="DESC"]