February 10, 2014
Bookmobile Audiobook and Podcast Player has just received another notable update. The latest update to Bookmobile adds support for background downloads (in conjunction with the Background App Refresh option in iOS 7) and for chapter or track artwork on m4b or mp3 files. Furthermore, the update adds the ability to adjust the bookmark hours or minutes position, and it adds URL scheme support (
bookmobile://) for use in apps like Launch Center Pro. The new version of Bookmobile also includes UI improvements and bug fixes. As before, Bookmobile comes with an interface that's optimized for listening to spoken word content, not music, as its full name in the App Store suggests:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later, Bookmobile Audiobook and Podcast Player is available in the App Store for free. Bookmobile is free to try with up to three audiobooks or podcasts only for 60 days. To add and play an unlimited number of audiobooks and podcasts, you have to avail of a $2.99 in-app purchase. You can add, play, and manage audio content from various sources, including iTunes, Audible, Librivox, public libraries, and RSS feeds. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- No sliders, coverflow or other "dangerous" button placement that cause you to lose your place.
- Skip by fixed second/minute increments for exact control over playhead position.
- Swipe the title right/left to move to next or previous part/chapter/episode.
- Double-tap title area to jump to part/episode list.
- Shortcuts Drawer makes switching audiobooks or podcasts super easy.
- Driving mode: tap large cover image to play/pause and swipe-to-skip -- great for the car.
Bookmobile Audiobook and Podcast Player
Launch Center Pro