March 17, 2014
The aptly named meal and grocery planner app MealPlan has just been updated to version 2.0. MealPlan 2.0 is a significant update in that it adds not one, but two of the most requested features for the app. First, the update adds universal support, thereby making the formerly iPad-only app compatible with iPhone as well. What's more, while the app's original iPad edition remains unchanged in the looks department, MealPlan for iPhone is essentially a whole new app, with a new interface done in the style of iOS 7. Now that MealPlan is already universal, a syncing solution to keep data up-to-date across multiple iOS devices is only to be expected. Fortunately, the app's latest update also delivers in that respect as it adds support for syncing via iCloud. As before, MealPlan offers the following key features:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later, MealPlan 2.0 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $3.99 download. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- At-a-glance week view, with easy swiping between weeks.
- Simple drag and drop interface to plan out meals.
- Automatically generated grocery list based on your meal plan.
- Combined search/add box makes it easy to add new items.
- Print out a week's plan to any AirPrint printer.
- Configure your own meals: Add snacks, or remove breakfast if you don't want to plan it.
- Email a plain text summary of the week's plan.
- Tap on a meal to reorder or remove individual items.
- Magic Wand quickly plans out future weeks based on past choices (iPad only, for now).
- Add a note to any meal item, including clickable links.
MealPlan Meal and Grocery Planner
Fall Day Software Inc.