Launched in October 2012, The Wider Image offers in-depth visual stories created and told by various photojournalists from across the world. On every story, the app lets you get more context by interacting with image sequences, reading expanded facts and quotes, listening to words and sounds, and more.
Through its recently released 3.0 update, The Wider Image has gained several significant enhancements. Most notably, these include the ability to enjoy the app's stunning images on your widescreen television, thanks to the app's newly added AirPlay integration for streaming content to Apple TV.
The Wider Image 3.0 also includes the following improvements:
- Infinite stream of stories on the home screen
- Search stories, photographers and countries across the archive
- Browse 10 new themes. From ‘Cultural Atlas’ to ‘Living Planet’, there’s something for everyone.
- Even more image detail for retina displays with optional HD subscription
- Redesigned Explore screen shows stories on a world map
- Redesigned My View screen enables you to select photographers and countries to follow. All your favourites are now in one place.