Xero for iOS has just been updated with support for a significant feature that effectively lets you manage your financial documents and files on the go.
Xero is the official iOS app of the popular accounting software of the same name. The app offers the following key features in conjunction with a Xero account:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here.
- View all your accounts on your iPhone – bank accounts, credit cards and PayPal balances, outstanding invoices, expense claims and all your contacts.
- Reconcile all of your bank statement activity.
- Create, approve and send invoices directly from your phone.
- Upload receipts by taking a photo and do your expenses on the spot.
- Find contacts, call customers and suppliers, view them on a map, and quickly save your notes.
- Multi-currency support for foreign exchange transactions.
- Integrates with payroll, CRM, inventory management systems, e-commerce and other popular apps including Freshbooks, 37 Signals Highrise, Salesforce, PayPal, Shopify, Zen Cart and Magento
- Save a 4-digit PIN code to login quickly.
Now, the app has been updated with support for Xero Files. Launched last October, Xero Files is a cloud-based solution that allows you to attach source documents to transactions and consolidate your financial data.
With the newly updated and Files-integrated Xero app, you can now upload images (of receipts, assets, locations, people, etc.) to your Xero Files inbox right from your iOS device for review later. You can also review all of the documents and images stored in your Files inbox practically anytime, anywhere.
The new version of Xero for iOS is available now in the App Store for free. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later.
Released in July 2011, Xero was updated to version 2.0 and redesigned for iOS 7 last October.
The newly updated app also includes various performance improvements, design tweaks, and bug fixes.[gallery link="file" order="DESC"]