June 23, 2014
Competing against the likes of JixiPix's Dramatic Black & White and Curios Satellite's Hueless, Kevin Abosch's Lenka is a new app dedicated to black-and-white photography on iOS. Developed with the philosophy that taking black and white photos shouldn't be an afterthought, Lenka offers real-time black-and-white image processing and preview of shots. It also provides automatic focus and exposure for achieving the so-called "Lenka look" more easily. Lenka lets you:
Note that, in keeping with its underlying artistic philosophy, Lenka supports neither flash photography nor the use of the front camera on an iOS device. We hope to take Lenka for a spin for an in-depth review to be published later here on AppAdvice. But you can get Lenka now on the App Store for $2.99. It's optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later. [gallery]
- Shoot in Normal Mode or High Contrast Mode.
- Simply pinch screen to switch from rectangular format to square format.
- Edit photos (crop/rotate) and share via email or messenger and to Facebook and Twitter.
- Export photos to Instagram! (Must have Instagram on your device for this feature)
- Tap the lightbulb icon to illuminate your subjects with constant light (not flash)
Dramatic Black & White