June 10, 2014
Screens has just been updated with Dropbox support both for its iOS and Mac editions. Indeed, the popular screen-sharing and VNC client app developed by Edovia now supports Dropbox in addition to iCloud. Note that Screens still has iCloud as the default service for saving your saved screens, but it now allows you to use Dropbox to sync them. According to Edovia, the addition of Dropbox support comes in consideration of users who've bought Screens for Mac outside of the Mac App Store, i.e., directly from Edovia. Since Apple doesn't allow the use of iCloud in apps not purchased from its digital stores, these users can't sync their Screens data across their devices — unless they update to the new versions of Screens for iOS and Mac, whereupon they can opt to use Dropbox. The new version of Screens for iOS also includes the following improvements:
And the newly updated Screens for Mac includes the following tweaks:
- Screens now handles Macintosh User Authentication without passwords more gracefully. It will only prompt you once and remember that your user has a blank password.
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Added Norwegian keyboard support on Windows.
- Fixed some Belgium and Finnish keyboards bugs.
- Screens won’t use an SSH password as a VNC password if it is associated with an SSH key.
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later, Screens for iOS is available in the App Store for $19.99. Compatible with OS X 10.9 or later, Screens for Mac is available in the Mac App Store for $34.99. [gallery]
- You can now hide Screens’ icon from the Dock.
- Added a ‘connected’ green indicator in the Library window when Screens is connected to a screen.
- Screens will now try to reconnect automatically when the remote computer has closed the connection.
- Middle-button mouse clicks can now be triggered with the ‘fn’ key and a left-button click.
- Added Italian and Dutch localization.
- Fixed horizontal scrolling.
- Fixed Norwegian and Finnish keyboard mappings.
- Many stability and performance improvements.
Screens VNC - Access Your Computer Remotely
Screens VNC - Access Your Computer From Anywhere