Parallels has just launched Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, the latest version of its popular hardware virtualization software for Mac computers.
Most notably, Parallels Desktop 10 boasts integration with OS X Yosemite, the upcoming major release of Apple’s desktop operating system. This brings the key features of Yosemite to Windows and Windows apps, including iCloud Drive, iMessage, and more.
In addition to Yosemite, Parallels Desktop 10 also offers support for OS X Mavericks, OS X Mountain Lion, Windows 8, Windows 7, Chrome OS, Android, and various Linux operating systems.
If you can’t see the video embedded above, please click here.
Parallels Desktop 10 includes the following enhancements:
- Get ready for OS X Yosemite (10.10) You’ll enjoy cool new features of Yosemite in your Windows apps
- Open Windows documents 48% faster!
- Best performance ever – up to 50% faster and 30% longer battery life
- Disk Space Wizard reclaims disk space in a few easy clicks when you need it most
- Virtual Machines use less memory, helping you get the most out of your Mac
- Mac native “Share” to Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo etc. in Windows applications
Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac is available as a $49.99 upgrade to Parallels Desktop 8 or 9 users beginning tomorrow, Aug. 20. To new customers, it will be available starting Tuesday, Aug. 26, for $79.99 for the standard edition and for $39.99 for the student edition.