Soon you can more easily capture and share the stories of your prized possessions and other things with Thingealogy.
Thingealogy (apparently a portmanteau of “thing” and “genealogy”) is an iOS app that lets you record, save and share the stories behind family heirlooms and other memorable belongings — perhaps in hopes of sparking meaningful conversations about them and of helping in managing assets.
As outlined by its developer, Thingealogy lets you:
- take a photo of a belonging
- record its story with audio and/or text
- save the “thing” to a “collection”
- share your collections (if you want) with friends or family
add comments to things with the option of including more photos and active internet links
- assign a QR code to each thing which is saved as a label ready image which can be used to distribute belongings when downsizing or to distribute an estate
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, Thingealogy is scheduled to be released on the App Store on Thursday, Sept. 4.
The app is going to be available as a free download, with the ability to add up to 10 things for free.