August 8, 2014
"Forrest Gump," the Oscar-winning epic romantic comedy-drama film starring Tom Hanks as the title character, is celebrating its 20th anniversary. To mark the occasion, Paramount Pictures and Frozen Free Fall developer Genera Mobile have teamed up to offer an endless running game built around one of the most memorable lines in the movie, "Run, Forrest, run!" Indeed, the game itself is called Run Forrest Run. In it, you take on the role of the slow-witted but athletically talented protagonist as he embarks on an epic journey across the U.S., from his hometown of Alabama to the famous Route 66 and beyond. Looking a lot like Subway Surfers, Run Forrest Run challenges you to run as long as you can while dodging cars, roadblocks, and other obstacles along the way. Check out the trailer for Run Forrest Run: If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Run Forrest Run has the following key features:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, Run Forrest Run is available now on the App Store for free. For more notable endless runners, check out AppAdvice's Endless Running Games AppGuide.
- Run with Forrest through Alabama and the awesome Route 66
- Touch game play – swipe the screen and help Forrest to avoid the many dangers that await on the road.
- Freedom of movement! Dodge! Jump! Roll! FLY!!
- Many power ups help Forrest on his race!
- Use the helmet that made Forrest the best football player in history!
- Fly through the skies with the hang glider
- No one can stop you driving Forrest’s famous lawnmower!
- Burn up the road dodging the traffic and other dangers on Forrest’s journey!
- Stay alert! There are thousand of obstacles you’ll have to dodge!
- Competitive play - run past your buddies' high scores in the game and become the top runner!
Run Forrest Run
Frozen Free Fall