Misfit has introduced its second-generation fitness tracker, Flash. The circular device looks very similar to the company’s first product, Shine, except that it comes at a much lower price.
Available in October, Flash is made of polycarbonate and wrapped in “soft touch” thermoplastic polyurethane. It is a little bit thicker than its predecessor and comes with a new push button physical user interface. It can be worn anywhere on the body using wrist straps and clasps.
Like Shine, Flash works with the free Misfit app for iPhone.
Unlike Shine, Flash will be available in bright neon color options. These include: onyx, frost, fuchsia, zest, wave, reef, and Coca-Cola red. The wave, reef, and fuchsia models will only be available at Best Buy.
- Sporty design; comes in a variety of colors; ultra comfortable and waterproof to 30 meters
- Measures daily activity and sleep, and syncs with your smartphone to show steps, distance traveled, and calorie burn
- Halo of 12 LED lights show you how active you’ve been throughout the day; press the button on the face of Flash to see your progress towards your daily activity goal
- Tracks walking, running, swimming, cycling, soccer, tennis, basketball and more
- Never requires charging; replaceable battery lasts up to 6 months
- Wearable on your wrist, lapel, shirt, pants, pockets, or on a necklace (sold separately)
Flash retails for $49.99, which is half the price of Shine.
Misfit is accepting preorders for Flash now via its website. When it arrives next month, the device will be available at Best Buy, Target, Amazon, Walmart, and other partner retailers.