Tripomatic, an impressive, universal app for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, promises to ensure users never miss the must-see tourist sights of their holiday destinations ever again.
It can be downloaded free of charge on the App Store, with a big update (version 3.0) launching at the end of August. In the app, iOS device owners are presented with a list of the very best tourist destinations for a huge range of cities. More than 150 countries are supported in Tripomatic, and users can create a travel itinerary (featuring multiple stop-offs and locations) in mere minutes.
The app supports weather forecasting, and as such you can choose the best days, weather-wise, for outdoor events. It’s also possible to check distances between sights using Tripomatic, too.
Here’s a complete list of features, as outlined in the app’s release notes:
- Choose the best places to visit from our curated list of more than 100.000 attractions, covering 150+ countries => never miss out on the best sightseeing again
- Plan your travel itinerary in just a few minutes => spend your time on travel, not on planning
- Get weather forecast => what is the best day to schedule that river cruise for?
- Use time & distance estimates => is the way from the station to your hotel worth taking a taxi?
- Sync the itinerary across all your devices => you’ll always have your dream trip close at hand
- Find a hotel in your destination and save it to your itinerary => always find a way back to your hotel
- Enjoy detailed and walking-friendly maps => explore the city in the best way possible, on foot
- See subway lines on the map in popular cities => quickly get around town like a local
- Download offline maps and use the app offline (available as in-app purchase) => no more roaming data fees
- Download and print out a PDF guide (available for free on www.tripomatic.com) => don’t worry about battery power
The chance to sync your itinerary between connected iOS devices is a real bonus feature, allowing you to plan your trip on an iPhone before switching to iPad for more comfortable browsing. Plus, though offline maps are reserved for an in-app purchase (IAP), this is something iOS device owners may indeed wish to invest in.
Individual city guides in Tripomatic retail as IAPs, too, for $3.99 apiece. All in all, this application looks like it’s well worth the download — especially if you’re planning a trip for later this year!
You can download Tripomatic free of charge on the App Store, and it’s optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.