BalanceGod, a recent iOS release from developer Tushar Thapar, looks like the perfect app to waste a few minutes, or hours, playing through this coming weekend.
The app, which is available free of charge and is optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, is a reflex-based game that charges players with balancing beams in order to save creatures from a great deluge. This rain comes through pipes, and the water falls into buckets in order to alter the balance of a seesaw. You’ll need to act fast to fix the balance before it’s too late, and BalanceGod’s colorful creatures fall into the abyss below.
Over in the app’s release notes, BalanceGod’s developer explains:
- Balance the seesaw to save the monsters from dying;
- But wait! There’s a lag in the water pipes! Water will keep flowing for a few more seconds after you’ve stopped it, so make your screen-tap timing perfect!
- Use boosts to help in balancing;
- Differently weighed monsters need different levels of water to balance;
- Look out! The centre of gravity changes every time!;
- Keep in mind the weight, the centre of gravity and most importantly the lag in the pipes to make the perfect balance, and save the monsters!;
- Total weight balanced = total coins earned! Use these coins to buy more boosts!
The app, then, is an endless title (with no levels), and, though free, it does feature in-app purchases (IAPs) through which users can purchase boosts. There’s an in-app leaderboard, too, for gamers to work through, and “spooky backgrounds” and sounds are aplenty, making BalanceGod perfectly suited to the current Halloween season.
Of course, how long you can last in BalanceGod depends on how fast your reflexes are. Can you tap to balance the seesaw in time? Well, there’s only one way to find out …
BalanceGod can be downloaded free of charge on the App Store, and it’s optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
You’ll need iOS 6.0 (and 39.6 MB of free space) in order to take the app for a spin.