I Wanna Be A Hero, a new $2.99 app for Apple’s iOS platform, is a fun, exciting roguelike that combines a quirky storyline with retro graphics to offer gamers a real treat.
There’s a lot on offer in I Wanna Be A Hero, ranging from a thrilling skill set which players can develop to pixelated enemies which must be slayed by your hero. You start the game with little on your side: you take control of a single character who’s determined to prove himself, and embark on a quest into an unforgiving world filled with a whole host of baddies.
The Master in the Tower
The game builds its way up to a final confrontation between your would-be hero and a dark figure known as “the Master of the Tower.” As such, your route to this deathly enemy serves as a kind of training, with your hero developing his skills along the way.
I Wanna Be A Hero feels like a true roguelike, though it does offer the unusual combination of real-time grid-based gaming. There are also procedurally generated levels, meaning each play-through will be different from the one before it, and more than 30 different skills can be matched in order to create a hero that is truly unique.
Finally, I Wanna Be A Hero is fully premium app, and features no in-game advertsiements or in-app purchases (IAPs) — something gamers will be pleased to learn.
To recap, here’s a full breakdown of the features made available in I Wanna Be A Hero for iOS:
- Lovable and Quirky Pixel Art – We have slimes with moustaches.
- Real-time + Grid-based Rogue-like?! A new take that promises to be way more thrilling & challenging!
- Use your enemies to your advantage! Learn to dodge! Loads of interaction!
- Procedurally generated levels – Every play session will always be different!
- Mix and match from over 30 different skills to create your own unique hero. Play it your way!
- Featuring music and audio by the talented IMBA Interactive. Cheers for IMBA!
- No IAP! No Advertisements! 100% Game.
So, what are you waiting for? Do you wanna be a hero? If so, check out the application now. As mentioned, I Wanna Be A Hero can be yours for just $2.99, and it’s optimized for the iPhone/iPod touch and iPad.