Espresso is a rich, full-flavoured shot of daily global analysis from the editors of The Economist to get you up to speed, fast. Maximise your understanding of the most significant business, economic, political and cultural developments globally. Manage your time effectively with a concise summary of the news and a personalised selection of longer reads from The Economist. Magnify your worldview with top stories, a daily podcast, audio version for hands-free listening and easily absorbable extras such as charts, facts, quotes and quizzes.
• Best if you’re busy
• Go beyond the daily headlines to be informed in minutes
• Top stories for essential analysis
• “The world in brief”, a news summary updated regularly throughout the day
• Five short articles offering finishable quick reads and analysis on key developments
• Audio versions of articles plus a podcast to enjoy hands-free
• A zingy blend of Fact of the day, Quote of the day and Chart of the day
• Selected content in the “For you” tab, updated weekly
• Daily quiz to tickle your grey cells
• Updated design
• Time to read highlighted on each article
• Dark mode for more comfortable reading
Try Espresso today free for seven days.
Subscriptions start from just £7.99/$7.99/€12.99 per month.
Espresso provides a concentrated shot of independent daily analysis and opinion from The Economist, one of the world's most authoritative and influential news brands. It reports in depth on everything from politics, business and economics to science, technology and culture. It covers every region of the world and excels at dissecting important topics, from climate change and sustainability to the future of work and globalisation.
All daily and weekly analysis is available to subscribers via The Economist app (search for “The Economist”)
• Subscribe in-app and take advantage of our seven-day free trial
• At the end of the trial, the subscription will automatically renew onto a monthly subscription at the standard price
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase
• All subscriptions automatically renew. Your account will be charged 24 hours before the renewal date