YouAte is an easy to use visual food diary designed for your busy life. It helps you establish and maintain healthy eating habits by allowing you to reflect on what you ate.
With YouAte, we are taking the more natural and less stressful path towards healthy eating, compared to our counterparts focusing on complex calorie counting. We don’t ask you to measure sizes, count calories or write down ingredients. (Too stressful!)
Give it a try and see how easily it will fit into your existing life.
Don’t believe us, see what our users have been saying:
"I just wanted to say THANK YOU for developing this app! It's helping me overcome my binge eating disorder by moving away from calorie-counting while preserving positive aspects of keeping a food journal." - from Misha
"First of all, I'm loving this app! My wife and I wanted to start a food journal without having to constantly keep track of calories, and this app is perfect!" from EJ
"Just wanted to congratulate you on a fantastic app! I love the features you have included, it is very simple but somehow manages to capture many elements of good eating mindset and behavior." - from Jade
Don’t miss out! Join them and become a healthier you, with YouAte.
BENEFITS OF A FOOD DIARY
Most of us want to eat better to achieve a healthier lifestyle. A food diary (or food journal) is proven to be one of the most effective tools that can help you to do just that.
It turns out what is keeping us back is not the lack of knowledge, there are plenty of sources out there for how to eat healthy, but rather the application of that knowledge. In our fast paced world, people simply don’t remember what they ate earlier and so they make too many poor choices when it comes time for their next meal. (Yes, I am talking about that second night of ordering pizza.)
That’s where food journaling shines, by simply helping you be more aware of your choices, and through self-monitoring to make better decisions going forward.
Being consistent in tracking your eating habits is the key.
So at YouAte, we made tracking super easy:
* Open the app and snap a photo of what you are about to eat.
* Swipe to decide if it was ON or OFF path based on your health goals.
* That’s it. You have started your food diary!
* Later, you can add notes and answer some questions that help you think about your choices. For example, Why did you eat? It is amazing how often hunger is not the reason.
* When it’s time to reflect or make your next meal decision, you can simply scroll back on your beautiful timeline (path) to see your previous choices.
* Are you more into stats? Visit your profile page if you want to see where you stand for this week and how it compares to the previous week. We try to keep the numbers simple, yet meaningful, to avoid making you feel like a science experiment.
* Want to share your path with a friend, coach or doctor? Share your unique weblink from your profile page.
* Did you forget to take a photo of your meal or did you take one using the camera app? You can create a text-only post or import the photo from your camera roll.
COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR LIFESTYLE:
Whatever your diet, fitness or health goal is (losing or gaining weight, follow a specific diet like gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, whole30, diabetical, intermittent fasting, to cut added sugars, build that six- pack, or washboard abs, improve on clean eating, or follow a vegan diet, etc.) YouAte is here to help you.
You don’t need a special date to start your new lifestyle. YouAte is free to download and the only thing you need to do is be open to letting go of your bad (or unhealthy) habits.
Follow us on
Join the discussion on Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/behealthyenjoylife
If you like YouAte please rate the app & leave a nice review in the App Store!
Now go out and enjoy a nice meal!
Esther, Richie, Mike and Tom