The first Amazon Echo Show demos have arrived.
On Wednesday, June 28, the Amazon Echo Show begins arriving at homes. To prepare users for the device’s launch, Amazon has released a series of videos highlighting the device.
First announced in May, the $230 Echo Show features a 7-inch touchscreen, which is activated with Amazon Alexa. It arrives just weeks after Apple’s HomePod was first teased at this month’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC).
The videos released highlight how to use the device to create shopping lists, watch videos, set alarms, and listen to music.
Take a look:
Available in black and white, the Amazon Echo Show includes the following features:
- Echo Show brings you everything you love about Alexa, and now she can show you things. Watch video flash briefings and YouTube, see music lyrics, security cameras, photos, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, and more. All hands-free—just ask.
- Introducing a new way to be together. Talk to family and friends who have an Echo or the Alexa App.
- See lyrics on-screen with Amazon Music. Just ask to play a song, artist or genre, and stream over Wi-Fi. Also, stream music on Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and more.
- Powerful, room-filling speakers with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and extended bass response
- Ask Alexa to show you the front door or monitor the baby’s room with compatible cameras from Ring and Arlo. Turn on lights, control thermostats and more with WeMo, Philips Hue, ecobee, and other compatible smart home devices.
- With eight microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo Show hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Jeopardy!, Allrecipes, CNN, and more