Apple has just released iOS 15 for iPhone users.
You can download the new software by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
The update is compatible with the iPhone 6s and later.
Here are some of the highlights of the new software.
Notifications are taking a big step on in IOS 15. Along with contact photos, there are larger app icons to make them easier to identify.
A notification summary will collect non-critical notifications for delivery during an opportune time like the morning or evening.
Thanks to on-device intelligence, notifications are now arranged by priority with the most relevant appearing at the top.
Urgent messages will always be delivered immediately. You can also temporarily mute an app or messaging thread for the next hour or day.
Find Your Focus
The new Focus feature allows you to better focus on the task at hand and remove distractions.
It filters notifications and apps depending on what you want to favors us.
You can custom a Focus or use a suggested option. When Focus is set on one device, it applies to other devices on the same Apple ID.
With the feature, you can choose to only see relevant apps on a home screen and even block incoming notifications. Your status is displayed to others in Messages.
Live Text, A Redesigned Weather App, and More
That’s far from all in the new update. Here’s a rundown of other improvements:
- FaceTime is getting even better. Spatial audio, voice during a video call will sound as if they are coming from where the person is positioned on the screen. And new microphone mode will separate the user’s voice from the background noise. A Portrait mode will blur the background and put the speaker in focus. Anyone with a web browser on an Android or Windows device can join a FaceTime call with just a link.
- Live Text recognizes text in photos and allows you take take action, like call a phone number. You can even copy text from a photo.
- Safari has been redesigned with a bottom tab bar that’s easier to reach. The browser now offers extensions just like on the Mac.
- iCloud+ takes the place of iCloud. One of the new features includes iCloud Private Relay that better secures your browsing.
- The Memories feature in Photos sports a new look and an interactive interface. It also integrated with Apple Music to provide personalized song suggestions for videos.
- Maps now features better details for neighborhoods in cities, commercial districts, elevation, and more. When navigating in CarPlay or the iPhone, a 3D driving experience highlights important details. For walking direction, just hold up your iPhone and see directions in AR.
- Wallet supports additional types of keys for a home, office, or hotel room. Later in the year, some states will allow users to add their driver’s license or state ID to the app.
- The Weather app is sporting a new look with full-screen maps, dynamic layouts that changes based on condition, and more.
- The Find My network now supports AirPods Pro and AirPods Max. It will also allow you to locate a device that has been turned off or erased.