Apple’s popular iMovie app has just received a nice update with a number of new features.
There are now 80 new soundtracks in a number of different genres like pop, chill, and sentimental that will automatically adjust to match the length of your finished movie.
A new green screen effect will let you remove the background of any movie shot in front of a green or blue screen. The effect can be adjusted with a four-point mask and strength slider.
Here are the rest of the changes:
• Drop in still images with transparent backgrounds to use as logos or custom graphics on top of your video
• Add photos as overlays to create picture-in-picture and split-screen effects
• Choose to hide the border that surrounds picture-in-picture and split-screen effects
• Instantly return to the edit screen of your project when switching back to iMovie from other applications
• ClassKit support lets students deliver video assignments to teachers using the Schoolwork app
• For users with videos in iMovie Theater, the Theater window is now accessible from the ••• menu at the bottom of the Projects screen
• Sharing to iMovie Theater is no longer supported; save your movies and trailers to iCloud Photos to watch them on other devices including Apple TV
• Resolves an issue that could lead to a black viewer when previewing your video fullscreen on an external display
The iMovie app is designed for the iPhone and all iPad models. It can be downloaded now on the App Store for free.