Do you love iHeartRadio for free, but are looking for more features? You’re in luck. On Thursday, iHeartMedia announced new premium packages for its music streaming service.
Now available in public beta are two new packages, iHeartRadio Plus and iHeartRadio All Access.
iHeartRadio Plus, $4.99 per month
With iHeartRadio Plus, subscribers have the ability to instantly replay songs from the radio and then return to the live radio station in progress.
Other features include:
- Live and custom Artist Radio stations: now equipped with a save button, allowing subscribers to instantly save songs from the radio directly to their My Music playlist for playback any time;
- Search: Search and play any song from a library of millions of tracks;
- Unlimited skips: Subscribers listening to custom Artist Radio stations will no longer have a limit on the number of songs they can skip.
iHeartRadio All Access, $9.99 per month
The next package, iHeartRadio All Access, is powered by Napster. It combines the interactive radio functionally of iHeartRadio Plus with a personal music collection and library that is linked to the radio.
Additional features include:
- Build your personal music libraries: Completely create, control and curate playlists from a library of millions of tracks;
- Gives you total flexibility to listen to your music the way you want, when you want: With no playback cap and the ability to reorder, delete and sequence your playlist experience as well as manage unlimited playlists;
- Access offline listening: You can now enjoy offline listening and take your music and playlists with you everywhere you go, even when you don’t have a data connection.
Two of the biggest new features on iHeartRadio is the ability to replay a song on the radio and when done, fast forward to live programming. Here are previews of both of these features:
Time for Replay
With iHeartRadio's new premium packages, you can now replay songs that are playing on the radio. Hit the replay button and enjoy a great song over and over again. Really like the song? Add it to your iHeartRadio library.
When you're done listening to a song you found on the radio, hit the forward button to listen once again to live music. Thanks to iHeartRadio's new premium packages, you can now listen to the radio on your time.
Both iHeartRadio Plus and iHeartRadio All Access are available in beta on iOS and Android devices. The new services will arrive fully on mobile and desktop in January.
To sign up via iOS, go into the iHeartRadio app under Settings > Subscription. You can try the packages free for 30 days.
In iOS, iHeartRadio All Access is priced at $12.99 due to Apple’s service fee. We recommend taking advantage of the 30-day free trial in the app and then purchasing a subscription directly through iHeartRadio.com once the plans launch on desktops in January. This will allow you to enjoy the service across all devices.
You can download iHeartRadio for free on the App Store.