In her review of the app posted here on AppAdvice shortly after its release in November last year, Christine noted that KitCam is “a worthy and complete iPhone photography solution.” And after earning an AppAdvice App of the Week honorable mention, KitCam went on to be one of our Top 10 Paid iPhone Apps for 2012.
And now, what’s already an excellent app has just become even more so with its latest update, which brings a number of improvements.
One of these improvements is what KitCam developer GhostBird Software calls Night Snap:
Take incredible photos even in very low light. Night Snap allows you to manually set the exposure time (shutter speed) up to one full second. Take great night and low light shots as well as capture amazing light trails in the dark. Find out more at http://nightsnap.kitcamapp.com
Speaking of the dark, you can now take some self-portraits aka “selfies” in the dark with KitCam’s new front-facing flash feature.
Another improvement in the new version of KitCam is the ability to take photos in uncompressed TIFF, which is unencumbered by JPEG compression.
And speaking of JPEG compression, you can now freely adjust the amount of JPEG compression applied to your photos.
The other improvements brought by the latest update to KitCam are as follows:
- 10 New geometric shape frames: Circles, diamonds, hearts and more. These frames will really make a statement!
- Live exposure info on the histogram: The histogram now shows the current exposure time (shutter speed) and ISO.
- Time-lapse parameter limits extended: Minimum interval time for time-lapse videos has been dropped down to 1/2s and the maximum turned up to 15 minutes.
- New perspective composition grid: This grid will help you line up perspective specific shots.
- Easily export your originals without reverting any of your edits: When saving and sharing your photos you may now choose to share the original/master rather than your edited version.
- Storage space & processing speed optimizations as well as loads of bug fixes.