You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| November 29, 2013
Fantastic Dropbox Manager Boxie Goes Free With An Update
Even though the official Dropbox app for iOS devices recently received a big update, power users often long for a more intuitive way to interact with the cloud storage service. And one of the best third-party apps available, Boxie, has just taken a big step forward with a new update. The best news is that the app has now gone free, opening the door for more users. There is also a stable of new features, improvements, and other fixes. Here’s the complete list of what’s new in version 1.2 of the app:
Designed for the iPhone/iPod touch, Boxie can be downloaded now in the App Store for free. If you’re interested in unlocking more features, you can snag the Pro Pack for an in-app purchase of $2.99. If you’ve previously purchased Boxie before the most recent update, the Pro features can be unlocked for free. Landing in the App Store last month, Boxie has done a spectacular job of providing longtime Dropbox users a better way to find and organize their files stored in the cloud. In our original review, Christine Chan was highly positive of the app, saying she’ll use Boxie as the main way to tackle Dropbox files on her iPhone. Soon after its release, Boxie was also named our AppAdvice App of the Week. Before the most recent changes, version 1.1 of the app arrived in late October. The update was highlighted by a passcode lock screen and the ability to save sorting options for each folder and subfolder.
- Added In-App Purchase support with Pro features included in the Power pack;
- updated plain text preview, with text encoding selection, markdown documents support (shown as plain text), tap to show/dismiss bars;
- added delete confirmation in user settings;
- fixed alphabetical order sort to be Finder-like;
- fixed shared folder upload (now it is possible to upload to a shared folder, thanks to Dropbox staff for the support on this!);
- updated app icon;
- updated date format to match the Region Format in iOS settings;
- added FAQ screen in user settings;
- added third-party screen in user settings;
- added Twitter follow options in user settings;
- fixed quick navigation menu tappable area;
- fixed passcode potential issue when setting a time interval;
- fixed occasional passcode hang;
- fixed offline navigation issues with cached items;
- notifications in Notification Center are now cleaned when tapping on them;
- added localizations: French, Japanese, Russian;
- various minor fixes and optimizations.