Check the details on WatchAware
Add a photo. There are always things that happen in our lives, and we should make sure that we capture them all. Whether it is an exciting adventure, a cute photo of a pet we are grateful to have in our lives, or portraits of our family and friends — a photo means a thousand words. Even though Five Minute Journal is a journal app that makes you reflect on what you want to do today and how to improve your life as a whole, it doesn't mean that there are no photos that come into play. Add a photo to your entries that means something to you — make it matter. No matter how silly or cute or serious it is, it's a part of your life.
Take just five minutes. Sometimes journaling is not as easy for some people as others may think. Fortunately that is why Five Minute Journal exists. Adding entries will only take about five minutes out of your day, and with a morning and night entry, that just means 10 minutes of writing — that's not asking much, is it? Adding a new entry is easy, as all you have to do is tap on the plus button in the corner. Then choose morning, night, or even another day if you want to catch up. Morning is essentially an entry that lets you think of things like what you're grateful for, what you plan to do today to make it a great day, and other things. For night entries, it is a good way to reflect on what you actually did do and how you could have made the day better. It may seem silly at first, but it does make you think about each day and definitely don't take things for granted.
Reflect. We all have busy lives, right? Life is full of surprises, whether they are good, bad, terrifying, exciting, full of hopes and new things. There are plenty of people, places to see, and things to do before we die. Every day is a brand new slate, and you should be prepared to take on every day as a new challenge in an attempt to improve your life as a whole. Five Minute Journal is an app that can help you out with that. Sometimes we just don't take enough time to reflect on what has happened or what we should be doing. Now, with Five Minute Journal, just 10 minutes of your day can be spent doing just that. And hey, adding photos makes it even more fun to think back, ahead, and reflect.
What is it about?
Five Minute Journal is a simple app with one goal in mind: improve your life just five minutes at a time, twice a day. Together, that is just 10 minutes a day. That is 10 minutes to write out what you're grateful for, what you're happy about, how you want the day to go, and then reflect back on the day's events and how it could have been better. Take photos and add them to your entry to complete the reflection. This is a great way to get someone who doesn't normally journal to just sit down and write and reflect, because it's a healthy habit to do.
For those who...
- Don't usually journal but want to start
- Want to constantly reflect and improve their lives
Not for those who...
- Already are in the habit of journaling
- Need a more freeform journaling application to capture life's memories as they happen
Why we love it
It's simple and a great way to get someone who doesn't normally journal into the habit of writing every day.
App Store Description
The Five Minute Journal uses proven principles of positive psychology to make you happier in 5 minutes a day with the guided gratitude journaling format
“There are plenty of benefits to journaling, whether you take time to write out your full thoughts or just spend a few minutes jotting down the things you're most grateful for every day or lessons you've learned. Five Minute Journal for the iPhone makes this process easy enough to do on the go.” — Lifehacker
BENEFITS OF PRACTICING GRATITUDE
Cultivating gratitude can positively impact all areas of your life—from personal growth and emotional intelligence to meaningful relationships and enhanced productivity. A lot of thought leaders practice gratitude (including Oprah Winfrey, Richard Branson, Tim Ferris, and many others), as studies have found it improves health, has lasting positive effects on the brain, and is a key to mental wellbeing.
Practicing gratitude with the Five Minute Journal app brings you a more positive outlook on life and ability to notice wonderful things and capture the life-changing experiences. The key is consistency. With its thoughtful features and a structure to help you focus on what’s good, you will find The Five Minute Journal app to be a great way to start and end your day.
WHAT OUR COMMUNITY IS SAYING
“Not only do I love the simplicity in the design, but the fact that it takes only a minute to update the entries means this is something I’ll actually use. This app really gets you thinking about the positive things right before you start your day.”
FIVE MINUTE JOURNAL APP FEATURES
– Beautiful, Intuitive Journaling Experience: The Five Minute Journal app has been designed to capture the physical Five Minute Journal experience. Getting around the app is a breeze and adding entries is easy with a guided flow for both your morning and evening entries.
– Easy Journal Entry Navigation: Quickly cycle through previous journal entries by scrolling your timeline or by tapping on a specific date in calendar view.
– Guided Journaling Flow & Prompts: A new guided process to help you get the most from your gratitude journal experience.
– Reminders: Set daily notifications to keep up with a rewarding journaling habit.
– Timeline View: Access previous journal entries and view short daily excerpts. Tapping on an entry leads to a full day review.
– Daily Quotes & Weekly Challenges: Receive daily inspiring quotes and weekly challenges, and share them across social media.
– Passcode Protection: Keep all your journal entries private with secure passcode, Face ID or Touch ID protection.
– Dark Mode: Use your journal in either light or dark mode, which is especially great for late night journaling.
– Compatible With Any Device or platform: Use it on iPhone app, iPad app and Apple Watch companion app.
– Streaks: Track your personal progress and get some insights on positive changes in your life.
– Backup/Export: Easily backup your entries and export all your treasured memories and media to PDF, HTML, Dropbox, and more. You can select a date range or export all of them.
Five Minute Journal App offers an optional monthly or yearly subscriptions with free trials or lifetime license.
Here is what you get when you unlock the Premium:
– Photos and Video: Capture and view your magical moments with a daily photo or video. Attach media to any of your daily prompts.
– Personalized Practice: Create your own custom questions, tailored to your mood and goals.
– Space for Notes: Clear your thoughts and write freely in the new notes section.
– Mood tracker: Check in with yourself, express how you feel, and gain insights into how your emotions influence your days.
– Look Back Reminders: Get reminded of your memories with the “On this Day” feature.
– Timeline Photo View: See a photographic timeline view of all your daily photos.
– Widget: Add a thoughtful Five Minute Journal widget to your home screen.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.