What is it about?
When you need your guitar to sound like Guns n Roses' eccentric lead player, Slash, you could go buy the same pedals he's got, and the same amp and the same guitar. OR you can grab this great app from IK Multimedia, plug your axe into your iPad or iPhone, and just let it rip. You can build an entire rig with 6 stompbox effects, an amplifier head and cabinet modelers, and even a single-track recorder. What are you waiting for? Go shred!
AmpliTube Slash is $14.99 but there are more add-ons
Recorder + Master FX
AmpliTube 4 Bundle
Recorder + Studio
All Style Packs 1 & 2
LD Rock 2 Pack
LD Metal 2 Pack
App Store Description
SLASH TONE ON YOUR iPHONE. NOW WITH 3D CAB MIKING, MIC MODELING, A DAW-STYLE EDITOR AND MORE
Want to rock Slash’s Rig? Now you can with the new AmpliTube® Slash app. Play through a rock icon’s pedals and amplifiers, all from the convenience of your iPhone®.
It lets you build a flexible rig complete with 6 stompbox effects (4 pre amp, 2 post) and an amplifier head with cabinet, plus a single-track recorder (expandable to 8 tracks with DAW-style features via in-app purchase) for capturing your musical ideas quickly and easily. AmpliTube Slash now also allows project sharing between different versions and devices.
AmpliTube Slash features models of all the legendary signature gear used by Slash in the studio and for his live performances. Now you can rock models of the legendary Marshall® JCM Slash Edition Silver Jubilee, the Marshall AFD100 and Slash’s signature guitar pedals.
Import/purchase and play along with Slash’s extensive discography or any music from your music library. Also included is a collection of 30 Slash guitar tone preset settings, provided as starting points for your own tone tweaking or playing along.
Connect your instrument via IK’s iRig® HD or iRig® PRO digital interfaces (or iRig® or iRig® STOMP). Plug in your iRig® BlueBoard to control AmpliTube® Slash straight from the floor.
AmpliTube Slash also features a robust “song” player section that allows you to play along with songs or backing tracks by importing them directly from your music library.
Its "Cab Room" lets you mic your cabinets in 3D with up to 2 mics in a beautifully rendered virtual studio environment. There are also 16 new highly sought after studio mic models available via in-app purchase.
Get creative with loops via the Super Looper. Available via in-app purchase, it makes it easy to record and play along with up to 4 loops.
Use the Loop Drummer system to jam to killer drum tracks. Make your own rhythmic patterns or let it create some inspiring drums for you.
Slow down or speed up the tempo of audio material without affecting pitch with Speed Trainer.
If you currently own AmpliTube for iPhone, all AmpliTube Slash gear models are available for in-app purchase as a complete set or a-la-carte. You can even use iCloud to transfer in-app purchases between different AmpliTube versions and devices.
AmpliTube Slash features:
- Slash gear models: 6 Stompboxes (Gate, Wah Distortion, OctoBlue, Booster, x-Chorus, Delay) and 2 Amplifiers (Marshall AFD100, Marshall JCM Slash Edition Silver Jubilee 2555SL, Marshall with 4x12” cabinet)
- Complete set of 30 Slash tone Presets
- Slash songs links directly within the app for play-along
- “Cab Room" feature that allows 3D miking of cabinets with up to two mics (available via in-app purchase)
- 16 high-end studio mics now available via in-app purchase
- Single-track recorder (with re-amping) expands to 8-track studio via in-app purchase
- Studio section with DAW-style editing features (available via in-app purchase)
- Import songs/backing tracks directly from Music library or computer
- Export via E-mail, SoundCloud, FTP or File Sharing
- Looper feature (available via in-app purchase)
- Loop drummer module plays in sync with the recorder
- UltraTuner (available via in-app purchase)
- Change tempo (-50% to +200%) of imported songs without affecting pitch
- MIDI controllable
- Tuner and metronome
- Inter-App Audio support (iOS 7 and above)
- Audiobus compatible
- Add individual gear models or bundles via in-app purchase
- Complete project compatibility between iPhone and iPad
More apps information: