If you’re someone who’s devoted to the solitary vice of reading, Bookout is one app you should definitely check out. Filling the void left by the long-defunct Readmore, and more outside of the social networking functionality of Goodreads, Bookout lets you easily manage your books, track your progress with them, and develop good reading habits.
Watch the trailer
Check the details on WatchAware
Add and track books. Add a book to Bookout by manually entering its data, scanning its ISBN code, or searching for it online. Then you can track your reading in real time and even add your favorite quotes and your own thoughts as you go.
Set goals and unlock achievements. Gather insightful stats about your reading and generate shareable infographics for every book you finish. Mark a book as lent to remember who borrowed it. Set goals for the number of hours you want to read in a month and the number of books you want to read in a year. Unlock various achievements to keep you motivated to read more.
What is it about?
With Bookout, you can easily add books from your library and keep track of your reading activity. You can also set goals and unlock achievements, all of which can help you make reading books a regular part of your life. You can even send bookish stickers from the app to your family and friends on iMessage.
For those who...
- you love reading books.
- you want to make a habit out of reading books.
Not for those who...
- you love reading books but don't want to keep track of your reading activity
- you want a social network for readers — there's Goodreads for that
Why we love it
Bookout is the perfect app for avid readers or anybody who wants to turn into one. Not only does it let users keep track of their reading, but it also motivates them to keep reading more. It also features a simple yet engaging interface and a cute mascot to boot.
Bookout has stickers
Bookout is FREE but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Bookout helps you track and manage your books, make a habit out of reading and see your progress over time.
Reading is an important part of our lives and now with Bookout you can make sure to read every day in the form of a daily workout. Track your reading in real time and get access to awesome stats that will help you improve and read even more.
- Track and manage your entire library of books
- Track your reading in real time, start daily reading sessions
- Add quotes and thoughts for each book
- Get book details by scanning the ISBN code or searching -online
- Gather tons of insightful stats:
- total read time
- total pages read
- reading speed
- time read per day
- pages read per day
- days you read in a row
- most days you read in a row
- and many more
- Setup monthly or yearly goals
- monthly goals allows you to set up the number of hours you want to read during a month
- yearly goals allows you to set up the number of books you want to read during a year
- Unlock many achievements that can help you stay motivated and read even more.
- Generate awesome infographics for every book you finish
- Use Text Recognition to save those moving quotes
- Store and sync your books among devices using iCloud
- Never lose a book again, mark a book as lent and enter the name to whom you gave it.
- Take advantage of Widgets and get access to your books with a single swipe
- Use 3d Touch for quick actions, both on your home screen and within the app
Bookout has a great sticker pack also. Use it to express your reading related thoughts in a fun and easy way.
*Important: This app is for book TRACKING and MANAGEMENT. Book content and the actual reading is not done in the app only the tracking of it.*