Voice Coaching. One of the main features C25K features is to give the runner a vocal coach to keep them updated on the status of their run, and what type of pace to keep in line with the workout plan, so you're never wondering when to change up pace. This feature can be disabled if you would rather focus on the music playing or be left in peace while you perform your run, so users aren't forced into using this voice if they find it irritating or distracting.
Mark Your Progress. With a handy calendar system to keep you updated on your progress, simply double-tap days you are satisfied to move on from to keep from repeating runs. Or, if you are confident in your athleticism and just need a boost or to speed up the process, you can always skip ahead a week or two. The calendar is there as a tool to let the user pick how intense they want to go, and isn't a locked timeline for personal improvement. This can also be reset in the settings menu if you find you need to come back and start all over, or individual days can be unmarked as well if you need to do a certain day's run over.
Advance Your Run. If you already have done your warm up, or find a particular portion of a set run too easy, you can skip forward or backward in time by minute portions. This allows you to set your own pace for these set runs, while also making sure if you're finding things too easy or difficult that you can find the part that suits the training you need.
What is it about?
C25K is a great app for beginner runners. The interface is very simple, and uncluttered. Even though this app is free, it does feature the full program so you can expect to be able to run a 5K in 8 weeks (so long as you stick to the program). So, if you've got 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week, for 8 weeks, why not download this app, press the start button, and get off that couch? This is a fantastic app, but I've got to say, running with an iPad isn't ideal. So unless you're on a treadmill, please keep that in mind.
For those who...
- Need motivation and support for becoming healthier
- Want to train up for a 5K marathon
Not for those who...
- Just need a basic activity tracking app for walks and runs
- Don't plan on running 5K marathons anytime soon
Why we love it
We are all lazy couch potatoes in some way or form. With C25K, that's going to change. The app provides you with a simple training regime that is manageable and will get you into better shape in no time.
C25K® 5K Trainer is FREE but there are more add-ons
Go To Pro
App Store Description
- The OFFICIAL C25K® (Couch to 5K) program with millions of success stories!
- Official partners and featured on FITBIT and SAMSUNG smart watches!
- Featured on The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, The Guardian, The Huffington Post, Men's Fitness, Forbes, Mashable, Glamour Magazine, Popsugar Fitness, CBS News, NBC News, Macworld, Cosmopolitan, The Verge, Lifehacker and many more!
"C25K is easy to use, as you would hope for a beginner app." - New York Times
"Daily programs that alternate between short bursts of walking and running until you're ready to go the distance." - Forbes
"One of the highest-rated health and fitness apps... A modest, realistic workout schedule." - Men's Fitness
Our community is our priority. Questions? Comments? Suggestions? See why our community has made us the #1 5K training app. [email protected]
≈ Real-Life Inspirational Transformations ≈
- Over 150,000 Likes and 1500 Success Photos at facebook.com/c25kfree
- Our community inspires one another (and inspires us!) everyday. Hear their amazing stories.
"In this last year I have lost 97 lbs, gotten off insulin and 9 other medications, completed the C25K running app and started the 10k app. Life is a blessing." - Diana
“I went from a size 16 to a size 7. I tell anyone I can about the app. because it was nothing short of a life changer.” - Amber
"I'm now down 50 pounds from when I began C25K in August. I've gone through the program 3 times increasing my speed by a half MPH each time." - Claire
C25K® is the easiest program to get beginners from couch potatoes to 5K distance runners in 8 weeks.
The proven C25K program was designed for inexperienced runners who are just beginning an exercise routine. The plan's structure prevents new runners from giving up and at the same time challenges them to continue moving forward. C25K works because it starts with a mix of running and walking, gradually building up strength and stamina.
≈ Less is More ≈
◎ Easy to learn. Just press start!
◎ Ideal for first-time runners
◎ 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week, 8 weeks total. Millions have finished their first 5K. You will too!
≈ Features ≈
◉ BRAND NEW MUSIC curated from top DJ's, built right into the app (subscription)! Scientifically proven to increase motivation by 35%
◉ Track your calories and distance for each workout! Tap the center dial to cycle through your stats! (Pro version)
◉ Exclusive partners with MyFitnessPal!
◉ Light and dark modes
◉ Listen to your own favorite music and playlists while you train
◉ Convenient audio coach and alerts
◉ Health app integration
◉ Integrated with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
◉ Convenient access to our forums with thousands of veterans and newcomers starting the app. Join the community and meet other runners!
◉ Free iPad integration for indoor treadmills
≈ Connect ≈
Zen Labs is a proud supporter of the National Breast Cancer Coalition. breastcancerdeadline2020.org
Zen Power Playlist auto-renewing subscription:
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
This app and any information given by it or by Zen Labs LLC are for educational purposes only. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
C25K® is a registered trademark of Zen Labs LLC
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.