Watch the trailer
Manage your own jurassic park. Dinorama lets kids manage their own dinosaur theme parks. But first of all, they need to populate their parks with dinosaurs by buying them from the in-game store.
Feed your dinos. Of course, those dinosaurs need food to survive. So kids need to make sure to feed their dinosaurs before they go unhappy and run away.
Keep your visitors entertained. The dinosaur theme parks will soon go extinct unless it has visitors. So kids have to attract guests and keep them entertained, and earn special rewards while they're at it.
What is it about?
In Dinorama, kids are in charge of everything that has to do with their dinosaur theme parks, from hiring employees to selling to running concessions to taking care of dinosaurs. They're challenged to manage money and time well in anticipation of unpredictable events like lower tickets sales and food price hikes. They can also earn interest with the piggy bank.
For those who...
- ... want to learn about money and time management. ... love dinosaurs.
Not for those who...
- ... think their kids are too young to be playing with money (or at least the concept thereof). ... scared of dinosaurs.
Why we love it
Money and time management is an important concept that kids would do well to learn as early as they can. And Dinorama is a great app to assist parents in teaching their children that concept. It just goes to show that any subject can be made more fun and playful with the help of dinosaurs.
App Store Description
We're blessed to be recognized by USA Today in "10 of 2013's Top Apps for Kids" :)
"Ideal for your blooming entrepreneur." - @AppStore
"If you're hoping to instill the entrepreneurial spirit into your munchkin, this app is one to consider." - MarketWatch
"This app does a fabulous job of teaching kids about money and time management. It even introduces a bank where kids can earn interest." - USA Today's Jinny Gudmundsen
No in-app purchases | No advertising | Supports Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
Let your kids build a dinosaur park!
As a park owner, they're in charge of everything from buying food and habitats for their dinosaurs to selling popcorn and hiring employees. Dinorama provides an engaging, entrepreneurial experience where kids literally learn the value of saving for a rainy day -- parks are filled with unpredictable events like rainstorms that lower ticket sales, crop shortages that raise food prices, and flat tires that maroon valuable tourists. There's even a (piggy) bank where kids can earn interest!
• Feed herbivores and carnivores with your finger!
• Five whimsical dinosaurs in eight distinct colors, with more on the way!
• Learn about dinosaurs by hiring a tour guide
• Pop popcorn, inflate balloons, and photograph visitors
• Clean and repair your park
• Help visitors find their favorite dinosaur
• Locate Lost & Found items
• New & Noteworthy, Apple
• Editor's Pick, Common Sense Media
• Editor's Choice, USA Today
• 5/5 Awesome, MacLife Magazine