Check the details on WatchAware
Useful keyboard shortcuts. Drafts 4 is mostly seen as a notepad for quick notes, but there are times when it is appropriate to use it for longer pieces. When this time comes, the keyboard extension that the app has comes in handy. You get access to many commonly used Markdown formatting options, as well as other actions that come in handy when writing something down. The keyboard extension is also customizable, in case you want to get rid of functions you know you won't ever use and want to reduce clutter.
Take action on text. With Drafts 4, users can quickly jot down notes or begin drafting out longer pieces to do something with later. The best part about Drafts is the fact that while you mostly use it as a notepad or text editor, you can perform a lot of different actions with the text once it is in the app. For example, you can draft something out and then launch it in your favorite text editor for further editing, or you can store it in Day One as a journal entry. Or perhaps you just jot down an address and time for your next meeting — this information can be sent directly over to Fantastical. No matter what the text is, Drafts 4 lets you do a ton of different things with it. Flexibility is the name of the game with Drafts 4.
What is it about?
Drafts 4 is a great little app for those moments when you need to jot down a quick note or want to start on a draft for a longer piece. Drafts launches quickly and is ready to capture your text the moment it launches, and there is a keyboard extension that packs in a lot of Markdown shortcuts and features to make it easy to write. Once your text is in Drafts, you can then take further action with it by sending it off to another app for editing, or you can share it with others, or even just use it for rapidly saving event information for your calendar — the possibilities are endless with Drafts. Plus, you can customize the appearance of Drafts to how you like it, and there are a ton of settings that can be changed to make the app yours. It’s a great way to get notes down quickly or just start writing when the right moment hits you. All of your notes are saved through iCloud as well, so you can access them even if you took no action yet.
For those who...
- Need to quickly jot down notes
- Want a fast-launching app for writing down something when inspiration hits
- Prefer to write down text and then take action later
Not for those who...
- Don't need a fast note-taking app
- Prefer to take action on text now
- Want to edit existing text files
Why we love it
Drafts 4 is a great app for quickly grabbing notes or starting drafts for longer think-pieces. It's fast, highly customizable, and has a ton of useful features and action shortcuts.
Drafts is $4.99 but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
#### Macworld, Eddy Award Winner, 5 Mice!
#### Lifehacker Pack for iPhone/iPad
#### “Easily one of the best iOS apps I’ve ever used.” – Merlin Mann
#### See drafts in action at agiletortoise.com/screencasts
Drafts is the quick, easy way to capture and share text. In Drafts, text comes first – open the app and get a new, blank draft – ready to type. Don't get bogged down in a timeline to tweet. Don't tap your way through multiple screens to get down an email or SMS. Don't navigate folders, create files and name them just to jot down a note or create a todo.
## LATEST iOS & DEVICE SUPPORT
* Message app to insert text snippets from drafts.
* Quick dictation.
* iPad Multitasking + Keyboard Shortcut Bar support.
* Spotlight search indexing of inbox drafts, with search continuation support.
* Widget, Share extensions & 3D Touch support.
* Apple Watch app to capture and browse drafts.
## EDITING & STORAGE
* Simple, distraction-free editing environment supports landscape editing.
* Light, Dark and Sepia themes.
* Support use of any font installed the device for editing.
* Unique "Arrange" feature lets you reorder lines by drag and drop.
* Markdown and Social syntax highlighting modes.
* Universal app syncs across your devices using Apple's new CloudKit.
* Version histories for drafts allow you to browse and rollback to previous versions.
* Optionally track creation, modification location data for your drafts.
* Search full text.
* Word and character counts.
* Link mode makes phones numbers, emails, links and address you have captured into tappable links.
* Integrates with system services to send text, including Mail, Messages, Calendar, Reminders and more.
* Post to Twitter.
* Create, Append and Prepend to files/notes in iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Box.com, OneDrive, Google Drive & Evernote.
* Multi-step actions let you combine multiple steps easily. Post to Twitter and log to Dropbox in one tap. Add to your journal and email in one tap. Many more possibilities.
* Almost all Drafts action steps are now more powerful and customizable, with additional templates and tags.
* Forward text to other apps which support URL schemes.
* Markdown support is better than ever with updated built-in preview styles, and the ability to create as many custom style preview as you want.
* Actions sync across devices.
## ABOUT US
Drafts is one of the most actively developed apps on the App Store. We love to hear your feedback and ideas. For news and tips, follow @draftsapp on Twitter/Facebook, or contact us at [email protected] For documentation and help, visit: http://help.agiletortoise.com.